To me, school should be a place students can go and feel safe. If a student is having problems at home, they need to have an environment they can go to and be comfortable enough to escape their concerns of home. I feel a student should have the opportunity to develop healthy relationships with adults that will enable them to share their concerns with those most able to assist.
I also feel strongly, that if a student does confide in an administrator or staff member, this information should be kept confidential and handled in a manner of utmost respect to all persons concerned. As there are times when things may be divulged to someone that can essentially cause repercussions, not fully realized before hand. I feel should this occur, the person is obligated go to the student and explain the circumstances for several reasons. One reason being the trust factor of the relationship established in the students’ safe environment has now been dishonored. The second reason being that the now current situation may have placed the student in unknown danger.
I feel we must treat others with respect, if we would like them to respect us. The age of a person is not qualification enough to merely deserve respect from those around us, nor is ones status in society.
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment